by Ray Larson
If you’re traveling to Sunset Watch Villa and get stuck in Miami on a layover or due to the weather, there are many worse places to spend 18 to 24 hours. Miami is a vibrant city full of fun activities, restaurants and luxurious places to stay, so you’ll be comfortable the day before or after your relaxing island getaway. Here’s a quick guide on the best places to stay, eat and visit.
Where to stay in Miami
- Miami International Airport Hotel – (305) 871-4100: This is the most convenient place to stay to catch your flight the next morning, and it offers plenty of useful accommodations like free WiFi and a complimentary breakfast. The hotel is located on the departures level of the airport on concourse E. Guests have full access to the ticket counters, restaurants and public transportation.
- The Biltmore – For Reservations, call (855) 311-6903: The Biltmore is one of the most prestigious hotels in the city and located just five and a half miles away from the airport in Coral Gables. Built in 1926, The Biltmore hotel is a national historic landmark and offers luxurious accommodations from lavish rooms and a luscious golf course to tropical scenery and exquisite dining.
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Coral Gables – (305) 441-1234: Just four and a half miles away from the airport, the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Coral Gables offers guests a beautiful setting and a convenient location just two blocks from the best shopping and dining in the area: the Coral Gables Miracle Mile.
Where to eat in Miami
- Versailles Restaurant – (305) 444-0240: Renowned as one of the world’s most famous Cuban restaurants, presidents and political figures have been enjoying the delicious cuisine at Versailles Restaurant for four decades. Visit the celebrated establishment for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Ortanique – (305) 446-7710: Located on the Coral Gables Miracle Mile, Ortanique offers scrumptious Caribbean food with special recipes of the month in a family atmosphere.
- Duffy’s Tavern – (305) 264-6580: One of Sunset Watch Villa’s favorite Miami destinations, Duffy’s Tavern is the best place to go for delicious burgers and ice-cold beers.
What to do in Miami
- Coral Gables Miracle Mile: For endless shopping, entertainment and dining, look no further than the Coral Gables Miracle Mile. The endless stretch of shops and restaurants is sure to keep you and your family occupied for a day.
Whether you’re traveling to Sunset Watch Villa or heading home after your island getaway, we’re here to help you enjoy every minute of your vacation. Use these suggestions to revel in the best Miami has to offer if you find yourself stuck in town for a day.